Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Grilled Armageddon (Cooking with Disaster, #1)Grilled Armageddon by Dakota Krout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This feels like a grimdark LitRPG to me. The system is totally out to get everyone. Systematically. By the very rules of getting fed.

So, of course, cooking and having the ability to make clean food rather than resorting to cannibalism is really the only source of real power in this world. By design.

That being said, it IS pretty damn grimdark, despite the great puns and some of the other humor. Let's just call it an existential dark-humor book, shall we? With level-ups.

It is NOT a particularly feel-good book although I do like the characters. The fairly neutral and neutral evil characters. That cook. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Local Heavens by K.M. Fajardo My rating: 3 of 5 stars I think I wanted to love this much more than I actually did. But then, I blame my l...