Saturday, August 22, 2026

Fearless (The Lost Fleet, #2)Fearless by Jack Campbell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While this is pretty solid for a MilSF, packaging an old-timer defrosted to deal with the young whipper-snappers who no longer know how to point a gun in the right direction as a space-opera, I'm afraid it's just becoming a bit... dull to me. Especially when another old man (or rather, another young man out-of-time's-waters) comes out to butt-heads with another old man in different clothing.

I mean, what are we trying to say, here? Old ways are best? Okies. New tech is just meant for old hands. Got it. Isn't this supposed to be warfare, though? Innovation... ah well, innovation is only true for the best generation. Right?

At least, that's the lessons I'm learning. And it's... kinda dull.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

A House Reborn by Mark Arrows My rating: 3 of 5 stars Well, I wanted to like this more than I did. What I did like was the tech and magic...