Friday, September 18, 2026

BuyMort: Bull Market Mayhem: How I Cornered The Multiversal Monopoly (BuyMort - The Shopocalypse Saga (Complete Series) Book 5)BuyMort: Bull Market Mayhem: How I Cornered The Multiversal Monopoly (BuyMort - The Shopocalypse Saga by Joseph Phelps
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While I think the romance part is... um... subpar... the rest of the novel is full of some pretty great fighting and fantasy/SF action as Earth (TM) is being maneuvered by the greater universal capitalistic nightmare into mercenary engagements that should have broken us.

But it didn't break us. We're good at fighting. And there are a lot of people who are pissed at the greater universal capitalistic nightmare and love the idea that the newcomer might maybe want to tear it all down.

I like that part.

Of course, the whole universal capitalistic nightmare is RATHER a bit close to home. I can't quite say whether this is painful to read because it's so recognizable now, or that it's come to us too early, or it's come to us too late.

It's probably painful because it IS painful. I'm getting full DCC vibes here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Reverse Centaur's Guide to Life After AI by Cory Doctorow My rating: 5 of 5 stars Cory Doctorow is pretty much the undisputed cha...