1% Lifesteal, Book Three by Robert BlaiseMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
If we needed more proof that this is an ultimate edgelord tale, then rest assured, this particular novel will seal that particular pain-coffin.
Honestly, I find it RATHER cringe, but it's still a self-aware novel that leans into it and even addresses the cringiest aspects, going even so far as to try to rectify all that poor mental health. Pain and suffering and just wanting to go all cold-blooded serial murderer on tons of irredeemable ass hats as opposed to white-hatting it by defending yourself or others? Yep. Embracing insanity? Yep. Half-assing redemption? Yep.
Totally cringe.
And yet.
The power fantasy is cranked up to 11. Progression, equally so. Interesting characters and enemies? In abundance. New locations to slink away, hide, only to be forced out of hiding in a spectacular fail? Oh, that's a gimmie. This character has all the subtlety of a dumpster fire. But he tries. And he even got 1.5 haircuts throughout the entire novel. Props. I guess. :)
And am I still having fun? Yep. Hey, all you other brotards out there, you wannabe edgelords. I have a message for you. You can either hold this novel up as a badge of your own mindrot, or treat it like the WARNING that it really is. It's entertaining, but damn. It is not a goal for any sane person to hold as a standard.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment