Saturday, September 5, 2026

The ManyThe Many by Sylvain Neuvel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These days, I tend to expect a hive-mind type of story to be either a horror the way propaganda wants me to hate socialism horror kind of way or something extremely mild the way propaganda wants me to love socialism kind of way.

What? Hive-mind is a METAPHOR? No way. Noooooo waaaayyyyyyy.

But yeah, I didn't mind this one. I mean, let's face it, the world is split between those who are willing to walk a mile in other's shoes and those who would never. Or it put it more succinctly, those who are willing to act on their empathy and those who won't.

This novel is frankly just an enormous almost-apocalyptic novel that moralizes that we should stop trying to trash everything.

Big damn surprise, right? Being nice to others is a GOOD thing? *shock* *awe* And yet, this gold standard seems to be getting further and further away.

I suppose I get why Neuvel wrote this novel. I suppose I even support it.

Just do that one thing to make the world a better place, no matter what it is. Damn right.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis by Yoshikazu Takeuchi My rating: 4 of 5 stars I figured it was about time I read the original light ...