Saturday, September 5, 2026

Perfect Blue: Complete MetamorphosisPerfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis by Yoshikazu Takeuchi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I figured it was about time I read the original light novel that inspired the fantastic anime of Perfect Blue, and I wasn't let down.

This is very much an interior-focused version, and I appreciate how it flenses the whole subgenre of stalker-horror. Half celebrity-abuse (or even just highlighting how all young people are abused for just wanting to be popular), and half an obsession/entitlement indictment, this particular story seems to be all too commonplace in real life. Give or take this skin bits, of course. But damn. Just look at us. Our whole society is sick as hell.

Just look at the fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Blue: Complete Metamorphosis by Yoshikazu Takeuchi My rating: 4 of 5 stars I figured it was about time I read the original light ...