Jake's Magical Market by J.R. MathewsMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I was extremely impressed with Nova Roma, so picking up Mathews' other series was a no-brainer.
I was immediately impressed with the easygoing and laid-back personality and was amused by the card-based magic system I'd grown to love in All The Skills, but what really sticks with me is the amazing variety of plots, locations, characters, reversals, power-ups, and eventual massive last reversal.
I am used to something on the level of maybe half as much happening in another LitRPG of the same size.
But more than all of that, I have grown to truly love this guy and his overall positive attitude, not to mention his mostly positive choices. Sure, some really questionable actions and choices ARE here, but I'm loving the conflicts.
I DID imagine that this was going to be a truly laid-back LitRPG based on the title, and it has a ton of it, but amazingly enough, it also has the full works. And more, on top of that.
A definite recommend.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment